Parsing GPS NMEA message

clynch

Over on nxtasy.org they have been discussing GPS bluetooth hardware and the NXT. Yesterday, some LabVIEW code was shown to parse GPS data. My first reaction from looking at the block diagram shown was that it looked like C code transferred to G. I know all about this coding style because I used to do that all the time, before I got more comfortable in G. The author also mentioned the solution was inspired by RobotC code and gives his benchmark of 92 milliseconds on the NXT block.

I'm thinking the folks here could come up with some slick and quicker G solutions. It would be a great way to help the NXT community. I'm going to try to look into this more, but I thought I'd mention it here.

Cheers!

It doesn't look that bad to me. I mean, yes, it probably could be improved, but the style looks reasonable and to be honest, which piece of code can't be tweaked and improved?

My understanding was that NXT has some performance issues which need to be taken into consideration. For all I know, this might be the most efficient way.