Radiometric jpg from FLIR camera

Dear all, I am using PXI 1422 image acquisition card to capture images from FLIR SC3000 camera. I'm currently using LabVIEW 8.2 and FLIR's Thermovision Digital Toolkit. I'm writing this LabVIEW code for one of my client. He wishes to use LabVIEW program to acquire and capture thermal images and then, use FLIR's Reseacher software to analyze these images later. So far, I am able to capture the images using LabVIEW program and everything is fine and dandy. The problem is in saving the captured images. FLIR's Reseacher can only accepts eithere .img, .seq or radiometric jpg files. The .img and .seq format is proprietary. Question 1: Does anyone knows how to save image file radiometric jpg? I've asked FLIR whether the images I've captured using IMAQ grab can be save into .img or .seq file using their Digital Toolkit and the answer is no. My discussion with FLIR can be followed by going to flir.custhelp.com and search for message # 070927-000001. There, I was told that the Reseacher reads 16-bit image file with header embedded. Question 2: Isn't jpg file saved by LabVIEW in 16-bit? Question 3: If not, please advice on how to further manipulate the images to meet the requirements.

Has anyone here done similar things? and with great success maybe? Help if much appreciated. Shazlan

QUOTE(Shazlan @ Sep 30 2007, 09:55 PM)

Dear all, I am using PXI 1422 image acquisition card to capture images from FLIR SC3000 camera. I'm currently using LabVIEW 8.2 and FLIR's Thermovision Digital Toolkit. I'm writing this LabVIEW code for one of my client. He wishes to use LabVIEW program to acquire and capture thermal images and then, use FLIR's Reseacher software to analyze these images later. So far, I am able to capture the images using LabVIEW program and everything is fine and dandy. The problem is in saving the captured images. FLIR's Reseacher can only accepts eithere .img, .seq or radiometric jpg files. The .img and .seq format is proprietary. Question 1: Does anyone knows how to save image file radiometric jpg? I've asked FLIR whether the images I've captured using IMAQ grab can be save into .img or .seq file using their Digital Toolkit and the answer is no. My discussion with FLIR can be followed by going to flir.custhelp.com and search for message # 070927-000001. There, I was told that the Reseacher reads 16-bit image file with header embedded. Question 2: Isn't jpg file saved by LabVIEW in 16-bit? Question 3: If not, please advice on how to further manipulate the images to meet the requirements.

Has anyone here done similar things? and with great success maybe? Help if much appreciated. Shazlan

Well, your first problem is that you are using a FLIR camera (I work for Fluke in the Thermography division so I might be biased). I don't know what tools are available in the FLIR SDK, but there should be a method you can call to capture an image with a parameter that specifies pixel type (16-bit jpg with radiometric data; 16-bit jpg with compresses png radiometric data; radiometric data only; etc). I would think you should be able to let the camera do the work for you as well. Rather than capture the image directly from the camera, call a method to capture an image on the camera (in the format that you want) and then query the camera to pull the complete image file into LabVIEW?

The FLIR SDK manuals should explain all the options.