Signametrics SMX2064

Smikey

Hi, I'm Michael Panganiban from Philippines. I have installed SMX2064 Signametrics in PXI 1042 chassis. Other modules included are PXI 2570, PXI 6251, PXI 4110. SMX2064 comes with a device driver which I have installed properly without encountering problems. I also installed the Software for SMX2064 in which has a GUI made in Visual Basic. This softfront panel is used for simulation of the device in which function can be set, range, aperture, etc. Upon running this GUI (SM2064.exe) it always pop up a Negative Over Range window. Then I can't perform any kind of measurements. It seems that the device cannot read the input voltage I am supplying to the input of the SMX2064. The device is working properly based on MAX. I re-installed the device drivers again and software but same result was observed. Is there any compatibility issue with SMX2064? Hope to hear with you guys soon.

thanks and best regards,

Mikey

Test Dev't Engineer

QUOTE(Smikey @ Oct 9 2007, 02:50 AM)

Hi, I'm Michael Panganiban from Philippines. I have installed SMX2064 Signametrics in PXI 1042 chassis. Other modules included are PXI 2570, PXI 6251, PXI 4110. SMX2064 comes with a device driver which I have installed properly without encountering problems. I also installed the Software for SMX2064 in which has a GUI made in Visual Basic. This softfront panel is used for simulation of the device in which function can be set, range, aperture, etc. Upon running this GUI (SM2064.exe) it always pop up a Negative Over Range window. Then I can't perform any kind of measurements. It seems that the device cannot read the input voltage I am supplying to the input of the SMX2064. The device is working properly based on MAX. I re-installed the device drivers again and software but same result was observed. Is there any compatibility issue with SMX2064? Hope to hear with you guys soon.

I would say you are on the wrong board here. The SMX2064 not being a NI product, MAX can do little more than verify that the general PXI registers are there and some manufacturer identification is available. Other than that MAX does almost certainly not know how to access that board.

Then the Visual Basic application: If it encounters a problem, you will have to take it up with the programmer of that application. Again NI and probably just about anybody else here can not even guess what the problem might be.

Rolf Kalbermatter

I'm using the SM2064 which is the PCI version which uses the same drivers. Have you tried using the LabVIEW drivers available from the manufacturer? There is an example vi SMX2064 Read Example.vi which might be useful. Shown below is a screenshot of the basic functions used to get a measurement.

post-8228-1191968986.jpg?width=400

Make sure your aperture is not set to small and the range is valid for the function you are using. The user manual is really good and comprehensive. Also check the calibration file exists and has the correct data in it (usually at C:\Sm60cal.dat). Otherwise, the support engineers at Signametrics have been very helpful to me in the past.

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much to all of your replies. I already solved my problem 3 weeks from now. I'm not being active in the forum these past few weeks since I'm on my hectic schedules. The problem encountered is in the hardware part. The PXI card of SMX2064 has a daughter board that is slightly lose to the main board. There is an indication of "PUSH" mark to the top of the daughter board. and I noticed that there is really a lose connection between them. It is working fine now.

thank you very much again.

Michael Panganiban

Test Engineer

Thank you very much to all of your replies. I already solved my problem 3 weeks from now. I'm not being active in the forum these past few weeks since I'm on my hectic schedules. The problem encountered is in the hardware part. The PXI card of SMX2064 has a daughter board that is slightly lose to the main board. There is an indication of "PUSH" mark to the top of the daughter board. and I noticed that there is really a lose connection between them. It is working fine now.

thank you very much again.

Michael Panganiban

Test Engineer