Hilscher CIF DP60 (Profibus)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to program CIF DP60 a PCMCIA profibus card (manufactured by Hilscher, Germany) using LabVIEW. Is it necessary to know which type of PLC this hardware will connect to, to program it? Well i am making an application in LabVIEW which has to communicate with a PLC using CIF DP60 or DP50 hardware on my pc. Thanks in advance... Any help will be highly appreciated.

QUOTE(Sarfaraz @ Oct 10 2007, 01:32 PM)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to program CIF DP60 a PCMCIA profibus card (manufactured by Hilscher, Germany) using LabVIEW. Is it necessary to know which type of PLC this hardware will connect to, to program it? Well i am making an application in LabVIEW which has to communicate with a PLC using CIF DP60 or DP50 hardware on my pc. Thanks in advance... Any help will be highly appreciated.

you need:

1. the hardware and the driver for this card installed on your system

2. the hilscher OPC-Server, which should be on the driver CD installed and running

3. then you can create your items with the OPC-Server

4. you can use the datasocket VIs to access the OPC-Items to read and write the items