Development Environment Toolbar

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Nov 7 2007, 09:53 AM)

That looks really cool. I like the automatic event handling. You would need a separate control for each tool, which would look like some sort of cluster of picture controls?

Do you know if the automatic unloading of VIs occurs for dynamically loaded VIs as well? The tools can't show up as static references, so would this change that behavior?

I did some initial testing on it, and it works very well. It looks easily scalable for different events (for Mouse Enter, Mouse Leave, etc.). The one requirement that is not met by this is shortcut keys, and that would have to be handled separately regardless.

David

QUOTE(JDave @ Nov 7 2007, 12:29 PM)

I did some initial testing on it, and it works very well. It looks easily scalable for different events (for Mouse Enter, Mouse Leave, etc.). The one requirement that is not met by this is shortcut keys, and that would have to be handled separately regardless.

Working on this some more, it seems to be limited to single shot VIs. If I make the callback VI have a while loop, and run until the user presses Stop, then I can hang LabVIEW by calling that same callback VI again. This can be worked around by making the callback VI modal, but this means there can be no UI interaction with the VI that the tool is working with.

Do we need to allow for tools that run in a floating window? Or should it just be restricted to single-shot tools?