Vision Assistant "create labview VI from script" Help

Hi,

I saw some topics related to this problem , but none helped me.

I'm using vision assistant (7.1.1) and want to create a Vi from my script, but I always received an error message "Lavbiew and Imaq vision not found". I have Labview 8.2 in windows vista. can anyone help me solve this problem, in fact I reinstall the vision development but I still receive the error.

Thank you in advance for your help.

QUOTE(daro @ Oct 25 2007, 08:00 PM)

Hi,

I saw some topics related to this problem , but none helped me.

I'm using vision assistant (7.1.1) and want to create a Vi from my script, but I always received an error message "Lavbiew and Imaq vision not found". I have Labview 8.2 in windows vista. can anyone help me solve this problem, in fact I reinstall the vision development but I still receive the error.

Thank you in advance for your help.

What is the order you installed your software?

You should install LV first, then the Vision stuff. If you are using Vision 7.1.1, then you need a number of components from different cd's installed. As far as I remember,

IMAQ Vision, IMAQ for 1394 etc. etc.. its been a while since I used 7.1.1 but the newer versions of Vision have everything integrated into a couple of CD's instead of a million separate components.

Also, have you activated your Vision package? Maybe it is not allowing you to generate VI's because of that.

Another thing: check that LV8 is indeed compatible with Vision 7.1.1 (I think it should be, but check on the NI website or the LV 8 release notes).

Neville.

QUOTE(Neville D @ Oct 26 2007, 09:21 AM)

What is the order you installed your software?

You should install LV first, then the Vision stuff. If you are using Vision 7.1.1, then you need a number of components from different cd's installed. As far as I remember,

IMAQ Vision, IMAQ for 1394 etc. etc.. its been a while since I used 7.1.1 but the newer versions of Vision have everything integrated into a couple of CD's instead of a million separate components.

Also, have you activated your Vision package? Maybe it is not allowing you to generate VI's because of that.

Another thing: check that LV8 is indeed compatible with Vision 7.1.1 (I think it should be, but check on the NI website or the LV 8 release notes).

Neville.

Thanks for your response.

I first installed LV, then Vision, anyway I've delete all vision stuff and reinstalled.

Yes, the vision is activated.

I'll check the compatibility, thank you.

QUOTE(daro @ Oct 27 2007, 09:10 AM)

Thanks for your response.

I first installed LV, then Vision, anyway I've delete all vision stuff and reinstalled.

Yes, the vision is activated.

I'll check the compatibility, thank you.

I really doubt that Vision Assistent 7.1 can control LabVIEW 8.2 to create VIs in it. The other way around I think would work but not a random number of versions backwards.

Rolf Kalbermatter