Problem with Run-time vision 8.5

Hello,

I wrote two programs, X and Y , both of which have been compiled to executables intended for use with LabVIEW Run-Time 8.5 and NI Vision Run-Time 8.5. Both executables run once installed, but X does not show any evidence of working with the NI Vision libraries.

When I run the two executables on machine with NI vision full-installed, both X and Y works perfectly well.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Best regards,

Kobika

m

QUOTE(kobika @ Nov 13 2007, 06:32 AM)

Hello,

I wrote two programs, X and Y , both of which have been compiled to executables intended for use with LabVIEW Run-Time 8.5 and NI Vision Run-Time 8.5. Both executables run once installed, but X does not show any evidence of working with the NI Vision libraries.

When I run the two executables on machine with NI vision full-installed, both X and Y works perfectly well.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Best regards,

Kobika

m

You need an additional run-time licence for Vision applications. Once you buy that, you will get a serial number that you enter and activate your vision runtime licence on the PC that you are installing the executable with vision code.

Also, even if you don't have the licence yet, you can still run your application for 30 days, but each time you start the application, the licnece manager will ask if you want to run in demo mode or activate the licence? This window usually gets hidden behind your app window.

click on 30 day trial (demo mode) and your app should run fine if everything else is OK.

Neville.

Help is needed !

I continue work on the system and the problem reduces to this:

If I have NI Vision 8.5 deactivated (unlicensed), but NI Vision Runtime 8.5 active (licensed), I get a "Unlicensed copy of NI Vision" error for at least the following VIs:

* IMAQ Fill Image

* IMAQ Draw

* IMAQ SetColorPixelLine

Most other VIs work, however, so I know I have a valid Runtime license. Presumably there are others with this problem as well, my search was not exhaustive.

If I then license NI Vision, all those errors go away. So it appears that the Vision Runtime license (at least on my installations) doesn't comprehensively cover all the VIs available with NI Vision.