Can't Add Elements To Array

fillalph

Hello Everyone,

I have uploaded my VI along with a picture of what the output is at the end.

I am able to acquire data correctly, no problem with that. The problem I am having is that "Array_Editted" is empty (the 2nd sequence in my code isn't working properly). I tried to step through the code to see where the problem was, but that didn't help. When looking at the probe of array_editted, the values are greyed out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I am going to feel like an idiot when I figure it out :S

fillalph

Hello Everyone,

I am able to acquire data correctly, no problem with that. The problem I am having is that "Array_Editted" is empty (the 2nd sequence in my code isn't working properly). I tried to step through the code to see where the problem was, but that didn't help. When looking at the probe of array_editted, the values are greyed out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I am going to feel like an idiot when I figure it out :S

fillalph

QUOTE(fillalph @ Nov 25 2007, 01:07 AM)

Hello Everyone,

fillalph

Hi fillalph

your array edited is never initialised. so instead of replacing elements at first, you have to insert them. in your case i would rather initialise an array with -1 values. then the loop would replace some of them with i.

QUOTE(fillalph @ Nov 25 2007, 01:07 AM)

Hello Everyone,

fillalph

Hi fillalph

your array edited is never initialised. so instead of replacing elements at first, you have to insert them. in your case i would rather initialise an array with -1 values. then the loop would replace some of them with i.

Hi Gabi,

I wasn't able to implement what you were saying, but I did manage to get the code to work. I was curious if someone could help "optimize" the code. Having so many local variables seems like a waste. I don't really need to optimize the code for my application, I am more or less looking to learn.

Thanks,

fillalph