local variable with stop

mario64

QUOTE(mario64 @ Nov 29 2007, 04:05 PM)

In my block diagram there is a while loop. Inside this while loop there is an other while loop which in turn is controlled by a select case with a boolean.

When i push the stop of bigger loop i want stop also the internal loop.

Hi Mario,

the problem, in my opinion, is that you can't use a local variable with a button set as latch... You have to create a boolean indicator that you set to TRUE when you press the stop button and use the local variable of this indicator to stop the external loop.

Also you have to set to FALSE the indicator any time you run the program, for example using the "Equal to 0" function connected to the index of the outmost loop.

Osvaldo

Hello osvaldo.I have completed the program as you said.I have found a solution to my problem. Thank you.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.

QUOTE(mario64 @ Nov 29 2007, 02:46 PM)

Hello osvaldo.I have completed the program as you said.I have found a solution to my problem. Thank you.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.Excuse me again osvaldo.I have found a new problem.I want to block the vi even when the boolean is not pushed.

OK, you want the Stop button to stop everything, even if Boolean isn't True. There was (and still is) a lot of fishy stuff going on, but the attached VI solves your question. Please don't muck up this great forum with the copy-n-paste :nono: , we know what you meant.

Richard

QUOTE(BrokenArrow @ Nov 29 2007, 02:30 PM)

Please don't muck up this great forum with the copy-n-paste :nono: , we know what you meant.

It looks to me like what may have happened with mario64's post is that he kept hitting Add Reply with the same text, and the forum software just appended all the replies together (and removed the linebreaks, which is a known problem). A flaky internet connection could cause that, if he wasn't getting confirmation back that each post went through.

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Nov 29 2007, 04:58 PM)

QUOTE(BrokenArrow @ Nov 29 2007, 03:30 PM)

Please don't muck up this great forum with the copy-n-paste
:nono:
, we know what you meant.

It looks to me like what may have happened with mario64's post is that he kept hitting
Add Reply
with the same text, and the forum software just appended all the replies together (and removed the linebreaks, which is a known problem). A flaky internet connection could cause that, if he wasn't getting confirmation back that each post went through.

:laugh: Careful about wagging the finger, BrokenArrow. Looks like similar thing happened to you... :rolleyes:

The LAVA site burns all of us occassionally with this feature when we reply to our own posts.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Nov 29 2007, 06:12 PM)

In my case I literally forgot that my VI had sub-VI's so I just replied to my post and added them. Very squid of me.

The wagging finger was tounge-n-cheek, but we don't have an emotocon for a tounge in a cheek! Had I been truly miffed at mario64, I certainly wouldn't have taken the time to clean up his VI so well! (even though he's probably gone by now).

Here's one for all of you >>>> :beer: (non-drinkers pretend it's Ginger Beer).

Richard