SRQ from instrument not picked up by controller

hfettig

Hi folks,

I have a problem with SRQs on GPIB. On my BERT (Bit Error Rate Tester) I execute some alignment functions that take a while 5-30s and I instruct the BERT to send an SRQ when it is done. According to the instrument front panel it is raising the SRQ but I never receive it on the controller or more specifically the Wait For SRQ function in LabVIEW waits until timeout.

The most likely cause for this is that there is another 'stale' SRQ raised somewhere on the bus since there is only one SRQ line. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of 'stale' SRQs? That way I could make sure the bus is clear before I start my alignment.

Cheers,

Heiko

I have a very similar problem w/ some equipment I'm using.

FYI doing what I'm about to recommend didn't work for me, but I think it's a device issue. (well it kinda did)

There should be a command like *CLS or ?ESE 0 or ?ESR0 but the jist is that you reset the status registers of the equipment that is supposed to fire the SRQ before setting the event.

Also if you bring up the gpib command set there are some calls in there that do a clear all, but I've had issues trying to get the interfaces to play nice together. Really you can only be commanding from 1 place @ a time.