Palette Frustration

I have been playing around with the palettes trying to figure out exactly how I want to add my personal toolbox vi's to it. I have a problem now that has me quite frustrated. I had several sub palettes in the user.lib directory that I have since deleted; however, the sub palettes still show up in the User Libraries palette with a big question mark indicating they do not exist. When I edit the palette set and right click on the question mark icons I do not have the option to delete them. How do I get rid of them?Found a resolution. When I am editing the palette set and come across a non-existant sub palette that I can't delete, I right-click on it and select sychronize with directory. That frees up all the missing palettes and lets me delete them.

QUOTE(Daklu @ Jan 11 2008, 01:52 AM)

I have been playing around with the palettes trying to figure out exactly how I want to add my personal toolbox vi's to it. I have a problem now that has me quite frustrated. I had several sub palettes in the user.lib directory that I have since deleted; however, the sub palettes still show up in the User Libraries palette with a big question mark indicating they do not exist. When I edit the palette set and right click on the question mark icons I do not have the option to delete them. How do I get rid of them?Found a resolution. When I am editing the palette set and come across a non-existant sub palette that I can't delete, I right-click on it and select sychronize with directory. That frees up all the missing palettes and lets me delete them.

What I've done for the code capture tool, is this:

-Build your VIs into a layout compatible with user.lib

-All the code is in a folder starting with an '_' so auto-user.lib-indexer won't find the files

-Create in the folder above the '_' folder a .mnu files with the items I want to be shown

-Copy this to the user.lib folder (the .mnu and the '_' folder)

This way all paths are relative in the .mnu file.

In my opinion is auto indexing very frustrating.

Ton