tables in Labview

Hi every body...

I have a project and I want to run a machine (i.e. pump) and I have a table that contain two columns( the date and the quantity of water) in excel.

so how I can run the pump as the data in table...

would really appreciate if anyone can give me any help or point me to the right direction; because I urgently need to produce my work ..

Thanks

QUOTE(YaSmEeN @ Jan 19 2008, 05:13 AM)

Hi every body...

I have a project and I want to run a machine (i.e. pump) and I have a table that contain two columns( the date and the quantity of water) in excel.

would really appreciate if anyone can give me any help or point me to the right direction; because I urgently need to produce my work ..

Thanks

From the controls standpoint, you're missing hardware or information; once you have the values into your program, how do you control the pump to provide X units of water. I'm guessing that's not a concern and that getting the information into your program is. On that, I see two methods of doing so: 1) have LabVIEW open the Excel file using ActiveX, .NET, etc., and read the information in using that link, or 2) export the information from Excel into a text file then have LabVIEW read the text file.

QUOTE(Tim_S @ Jan 20 2008, 06:13 AM)

I see two methods of doing so: 1) have LabVIEW open the Excel file using ActiveX, .NET, etc., and read the information in using that link, or 2) export the information from Excel into a text file then have LabVIEW read the text file.

If you save your file as .csv in excel you can read it in using the Read From Spreadsheet File VI. You will then have your data in a 2D array and you can easily manipulate it to fit your application.

thanks for replying..

QUOTE(Tim_S @ Jan 20 2008, 02:13 PM)

how do you control the pump to provide X units of water. .

i think that if i know the quantity of water that the pump pumps(L per h) i would have a timer that would run the machine for a certain time or you have another way to do this .. waiting for your idea

QUOTE(YaSmEeN @ Jan 19 2008, 11:13 AM)

Hi every body...

Thanks

Hi!

I don't really get that.

Which part of the project (soft or hardware?) is your task?

If you want to realize both, then you may wish to consider the interfacing problem (very important issue)

Best regards

Kabanga