Testing GPIB on LV8.5

tiasonpenthe

Hello,

I am a beginner in labview and I have a problem which is about DAQ. I have a HP3458A multimeter and a Agilent Technologies 82350 PCI GPIB card + labview 8,5

- First of all how can I check whether my GPIB card is running correctly.

- I have downloaded the instrument drivers for the 3458A. But when I connect it via GPIB to the computer and from the DAQ Assistant I choose acquire signals>voltage it says "no supported devices found"

What am I doing wrong? Please help...

Thanks...

QUOTE(tiasonpenthe @ Feb 1 2008, 08:56 AM)

- First of all how can I check whether my GPIB card is running correctly.

In MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) you can browse your GPIB bus, it will most likely return all devices on the bus with their address.

- I have downloaded the instrument drivers for the 3458A. But when I connect it via GPIB to the computer and from the DAQ Assistant I choose acquire signals>voltage it says "no supported devices found"

The GPIB devices won't show up in DAQ assistant, you will need the device drivers and their LabVIEW VIs.

If you can't find them you should be able to contact Agilent they will most likely have drivers.

Ton

Hi,

First of all thanks for your interest. I already downloaded the instrument drivers for HP 3458A (device I want to control) and it appears in instrument drivers with all other componenets belongin to it.

Is it possible that Labview 8.5 does not support my GPIB card? Because when I try to run Start>all programs>national instruments>NI 488.2>GPIB Analizer ; I get the following warning:

11174083nc4.th.jpg

However, this GPIB card (Agilent Technologies 82350 PCI GPIB) does work properly with a Visual Basic code on another device.

Do I have to get a GPIB+ card or something like this in order to communicate via labview 8.5 with many devices that support GPIB connection in my lab?

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Feb 1 2008, 08:35 AM)

In MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) you can browse your GPIB bus, it will most likely return all devices on the bus with their address.

The GPIB devices won't show up in DAQ assistant, you will need the device drivers and their LabVIEW VIs.

If you can't find them you should be able to contact Agilent they will most likely have drivers.

Ton