Event Structure Time Node

Val Brown

I'm trying to use the Time node inside one of the Events of an Event Structure and I'm getting what to me seem to be odd results. If I could figure out how to post an image from the snipping tool I'd include it but all I'm doing is:

1. Right click on the Time Node to create an indicator

2. Connect the To Time Stamp function to the Time Node

3. Right click on the To Time Stamp function to create an indicator

When I run my VI and trigger the event I see a numeric value in the indicator and a time stamp in the time stamp indicator but the year is 1904.

The numeric value is 2123678

The time stamp value is 6:54:38.000 AM 1/25/1904

On the other hand, in the same event case, using the Get Date/Time in Seconds function gives 12:25:56.188 PM 2/20/2008

so what am I doing wrong?

BTW, I'm using 8.5.

The Time node returns the same value as the Tick Count (ms) function. It is the current value of the millisecond timer. This is a free running timer that has a max value of (2^32)-1 and then resets.

QUOTE(Val Brown @ Feb 20 2008, 02:28 PM)

I'm trying to use the Time node inside one of the Events of an Event Structure and I'm getting what to me seem to be odd results. If I could figure out how to post an image from the snipping tool I'd include it but all I'm doing is:

1. Right click on the Time Node to create an indicator

2. Connect the To Time Stamp function to the Time Node

3. Right click on the To Time Stamp function to create an indicator

When I run my VI and trigger the event I see a numeric value in the indicator and a time stamp in the time stamp indicator but the year is 1904.

The numeric value is 2123678

The time stamp value is 6:54:38.000 AM 1/25/1904

On the other hand, in the same event case, using the Get Date/Time in Seconds function gives 12:25:56.188 PM 2/20/2008

so what am I doing wrong?

BTW, I'm using 8.5.

QUOTE(rpursley @ Feb 20 2008, 01:06 PM)

The Time node returns the same value as the Tick Count (ms) function. It is the current value of the millisecond timer. This is a free running timer that has a max value of (2^32)-1 and then resets.

Yes, that's certainly what it seems to be doing. It would be a nice feature to have a "real time" node also so that one could derive a "real" time stamp without having to include additional code at that point.