Hello people, need help!

I have an application which worked VERY well in LV 8.2, and i could build an EXE.

After updated to 8.5 I could not build an .exe anymore.

How I did it:

Uninstalled labview 8.2, reseted my PC and installed LV 8.5, reseted my PC again and latter I installed Internet Toolkit, VI Analyzer, Report Generator and over again restarted my computer.

So I openned my project and tried to compile the application in 8.5 and my problems begun.

It doesn't build, I recieved a msg that I will post to you below.

I did the (CTRL + SHIFT + Click Run), saved the project, closed it, opened it again and tryied to build and the problem persist.

Trying to solve, I "mass compiled" the all directory and tried again. The same problem appeared!

I even created another project and added the main file and all the lvlibs, but it didn´t work either.

Attached you can see the problems that LV shows to me.

Any other sugestions? NI Brazilian support team can´t figure out what´s happening.

Thanks in advance

Mariano

It seems that one of the project libraries (probably the one listed in the error message) may be missing a file. I would open your project and search for the missing item. I believe that once that reference in the library is removed, you should be able to build.

QUOTE(gmart @ Feb 29 2008, 01:06 PM)

It seems that one of the project libraries (probably the one listed in the error message) may be missing a file. I would open your project and search for the missing item. I believe that once that reference in the library is removed, you should be able to build.

First of all, thx for helpping!

Well, I already did it and, unfortunately, there was nothing missing! :(

Then I removed the library from the project, saved it and added it again.

So it happened with the main VI, as you can see in the other image (XXXX-principal.vi).

I thought it could solve my problems and so I did the same with the main VI (XXXX-principal.vi), but the massage of the library turn back. I removed from the project again and, the same happend, it started complaining of the main VI (XXXX-principal.vi).

Thx for trying, if you remember another way, please tell me! I will try!

People, sorry for my bad english!

Have you tried setting up a fresh build specification (not copied from LV 8.2 project)?

Are you missing any dynamically called VI's in the build spec?

Also in your projects view, click on the File tab, and look for any conflicts, missing VI's etc, and try to fix any issues there.

Are you sure you loaded exactly the same LV packages as your original 8.2 LV version? i.e. LV toolkits, drivers etc?

Have you tried building a very simple VI to see if creating an executable actually works on your new install of LV? Maybe your application builder got corrupted?

Hope this helps,

Neville.

Don't know if this will help or not, but I had a similar problem in that I kept getting the message a file was missing and I could not find any missing file. I started eliminating VI's until I could get the exe to build. Turns out that there was a single control reference that had the "Include Data Type" option selected. The control reference had been created from an old type def (no longer in the project). If the missing type def had been included in the VI, the VI would have broken and the problem would have been obvious. Just having the "Include Data Type" selected, even though the data type was missing, did not break the VI until building, when apparently the app builder looked for it and could not find it. Unselecting that option allowed the project to build.

Mark

Neville D and mesmith, first of all, thx for your attention!

You both gimme ideas to find out the problem, and here I show you the simple solution (pictures below).

We have already found the problem. It was an ad of LV7.1.

We used to change the name of the VI online to show the name of the variable we are modifying. But know, in LV 8.5, it is not possible use the way we was using since LV 7.1 anymore.

We needed to look all over the software and disable parts and building untill we found the problem.