need help on M6259 and BNC 2110

mile

hi,

i got some Questions and i need help urgently.

i am using M series 6259 and BNC 2110 for my project.

Q1. why when i configure one of the digital I/O as output and drive my motor. the out voltage from the I/o port read 5 volts but when i connected the I/O port to the red and black terminals of the dc motor. The measured voltage at the DC motor using muti meter is only 3v? Is there any way to increase the voltage to 5V so to drive my dc motor.

Q2. when i configure the analog I/O to be output for BNC 2110, make it 5V at the terminal. But when i connected it to my motor, the motor does not rotate? why?

Q3. I am using a stepper motor to control the rotation of a turn table, in addition sensors are used to stop at desire position. the turn table will rotate at a interval of 90 degrees and using the IR sensors to stop. is it possible to use 6259 to generate signals and thus control the stepper motor with BNC 2110? and detect the sensors? is it ok to give me some pointers? or any reference VI so i can work on it?

4. I am think of using the time loop function of lab view for my application. is it ok? is there any tutorials on it? or is there better ways for me to do it? like sequence?

thanks guys... hope to hear from you all soon...

thanks again.

QUOTE (mile @ Mar 17 2008, 12:26 PM)

Q1. why when i configure one of the digital I/O as output and drive my motor. the out voltage from the I/o port read 5 volts but when i connected the I/O port to the red and black terminals of the dc motor. The measured voltage at the DC motor using muti meter is only 3v? Is there any way to increase the voltage to 5V so to drive my dc motor.

Q2. when i configure the analog I/O to be output for BNC 2110, make it 5V at the terminal. But when i connected it to my motor, the motor does not rotate? why?

Most likely is the digital output not sufficient to drive the motor. You could use a mosfet to switch on and a off a more powerfull 5 V source.

Good luck,

Ton

The digital outputs on the NI cards are not going to be sufficient to drive anything like a motor. You will need a power amplification stage between the card and the motor. I assume this is a small motor, but it will still generate comutation noise. You'll want to keep this noise from the DAQ card so that 1) it doesn't damage the card, and 2) you don't want it to get to the other channels.

Unless the card is built specifically to handle the loads you're connecting, it is always good practice to provide an isolation layer between the card and the hardware. This has saved many a PC when something like arcing the 24-volt logic from the 480 VAC three-phase occurs (fortunately no one was hurt).

I gotta say it: if you're doing motion control, you should really use motion control hardware. It's like asking: can I cut a steak with a stick of celery? Well, maybe, but you'd be much better off investing in a knife.

Seriously: go to ni.com/motion - you'll learn a lot more there than asking randmo questions here.