Welcome to ExpressionFlow Forums

Welcome to ExpressionFlow Forums!

I welcome all ExpressionFlow readers to lively participate the discussions on ExpressionFlow forums, the ExpressionFlow blog related discussion forums. The forums are provided to you by ExpressionFlow in affiliation with the world's number one independent LabVIEW community LAVA (LabVIEW Advanced Virtual Architects). The ExpressionFlow Forums provide ExpressionFlow readers a rich environment for lively discussions and a convenient channel for ExpressionFlow products related support requests. All ExpressionFlow readers can participate discussions on ExpressionFlow forums, only a free LAVA user account registration is required. Anyone with existing LAVA user account can directly participate the discussions on ExpressionFlow Forums.

To navigate between ExpressionFlow forums and rest of the ExpressionFlow web site, click the tabs on the top menu just below the ExpressionFlow logo.

I'd also like to welcome ExpressionFlow to the LAVA community and I am looking forward to the discussions that will follow. The ExpressionFlow Blog has proven itself as a source of advanced LabVIEW topics and coding techniques. It was only fitting that LAVA offer to host forums in support of ExpressionFlow Blog and software support discussions. A lot of care was taken to balance the look and feel of both sites and we hope we have accomplished our goal. Let us know if there are any technical issues we haven't caught.

So let's extend a warm LAVA welcome to Tomi and the ExpressionFlow team. :beer:

First of all, congratulations. This is good.

Second, I wanted to say that the look which suits a blog doesn't seem to suit the forums. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's too hard to tell the posts apart. Maybe they need more pronounced seperators. Also, the completely white background looks a bit weird.

Thanks for the feedback Yen. Even though the color scheme is what it is, I just want to point out that the NI Forums have pretty much the same scheme and a white background. Of course this doesn't mean anything I just want to mention it as a comparison because you hang out there as well. I assume you don't like the NI Forums colors too? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

I was actually thinking of the NI forums as well when I made that post. Personally, I prefer the NI forums layout to the LAVA forums layout, mostly because it's easier to read - the LAVA forums have too much "stuff" around the content for my liking.

As for the colors, NI also uses a white background (which is a bit problematic), but the rest (post seperators, side bar) are not white, where in the EF forums they are white or a very light gray. This makes it harder for me to follow the structure of the page. Personally, I also have this problem somewhat with the LAVA forums. You should note that this might be different on different displays - it's possible that you see it just fine and I don't because I use a different screen.

That mockup does look better. I would also suggest coloring the side bar (where the user data and avatar are) in a different color, to make the post itself stand out better.

Michael, the LAVA color scheme also has a similar issue - this shows the alternating colors LAVA uses for posts. The one on the right has more contrast and makes it easier to see where the title is and where the actual post is.

post-1431-1206040433.png?width=400