Calling DLL on diferent machine causes Vi to recompile

Hi All

I have a rather puzzeling problem, I have a few VI's written and working using the ClearCase Automation Library (CAL), ccauto.dll.

I am using LabVIEW 8.2.1 on Windows XP my problem is limited to running in the development environment only.

I am using an Automation Open Vi and passing in a Automation refnum generated by using the Browse ActiveX Class ClearCase.IClearCase

I have got everything working fine on my machine. Then came the time to roll this feature out the other LabVIEW developers here, however when these VI's operate on other peoples machines though everything works correctly, I was very supprised to get a prompt to save changes when I went to closed these VI's down.

The list of unsaved changes give "An external component referenced from this VI changed causing the VI to adapt to the new interface." as the reason.

Both PC are running the same version of ClearCase, the ccauto.dll is located in the same place on both PC's and when examine the dll's (using InspectExe) they are both the same version 6.16.0.943 and even the same checksum. When I browse the ActiveX Class's on both PC's the Library type on both is the same Library 6.0 Version 6.0

Could anybody please shed some light on why these VI might seeing a change to the external interface.

I will not be able to live which the situation of resaving these VI's for each PC so if I cannot figure this out I will just remove the call's to ccauto.dll and replace it with command line instructions

regards

Danny