10 Turn Pot Knob Control

lvb

I am creating an application that is simulating a 10-turn pot. I figured that I would probe the community to find out if this exists anywhere and for advice on how to implement this control.

So far I have found a resource here, but it limits user input to the increment/decrement buttons (does not allow the user to rotate the wheel).

The one roadblock I see in creating a control would be detecting if the wheel rotation direction. For instance: Given a 360 degrees of rotation, has rotated in the clockwise or counter-clockwise direction when transitioning between values (to account for roll-over).

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

QUOTE (brianafischer @ Apr 4 2008, 09:22 AM)

Hiya,

To get you started, here is a "standard" 360-counter device.

http://lavag.org/old_files/post-3343-1207331297.vi'>Download File:post-3343-1207331297.vi

It basically counts up and down as the user rotates the knob (the knob having a range from 0 to 360 -- you should be able to adjust this to any resolution). I leave it to your devices for figuring out how to get it to stop (Hint: One option would be to implement this in an X-Control).

have a nice day,

--H