Pinnacle Movieboard and LabVIEW

Hi!

I have just bought a license of Labview with the vision toolkits. Have anyone of you experts tried a Pinnacle Movieboard (PCI) together with the vision toolkit in Labview?

I would like to capture frames (20 frames/second) from the board into a simple movie in this first setup - later one, would I also like to do some image processing. But the first question is: Is it even possible to use the board, or should I go for a NI-board instead?

Regards

Mattias

QUOTE (tmot @ Apr 7 2008, 10:01 AM)

Hi!

I have just bought a license of Labview with the vision toolkits. Have anyone of you experts tried a Pinnacle Movieboard (PCI) together with the vision toolkit in Labview?

I would like to capture frames (20 frames/second) from the board into a simple movie in this first setup - later one, would I also like to do some image processing. But the first question is: Is it even possible to use the board, or should I go for a NI-board instead?

If it has a DirectX (DirectShow) compatible driver you could try to download the IMAQ for USB Webcam driver from the NI site. It is free but unsupported and altough it is for USB webcams, the DirectX API can also be used for video frame grabber cards. Not sure if NI might filter the available acquisition filters to USB specifically but it is at least a try. Failing that I do think going with an NI card would be definitely the fastest solution in terms of time to get this working.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 2 weeks later...