Anybody knows how to create labVIEW program for LEC - 1 controller

wan81

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here but not in labVIEW. I am currently trying to interface COM automation objects to control a galvo scan mirror system using a LEC - 1 card from Cambridge Tech. The 3rd party software comes from Winlase(Lanmark controls).

Thus far I know how to load the type library in order to gain access to the functions provided.

My task is to:

1. Create a connection from my PC that acts as a client to the controller card that acts as a server using TCP/IP connection.

2. Create mark objects so that I can control my hardware device (the mirrors)

What I am not sure is what the programming flow is to control the card. After I create the connection, do I create objects or did I miss some steps.

A GUI interface has been provided but I'm trying to integrate the COM automation objects with labview.

If i have not been clear, please state how I can make my question clear. I've tried many ways to control the card by attaching the functions in different permutation but to non avail. Vendors cannot be contacted. Aiyah.

Anyway, attached is the Winlase COM automation manual for your perusal that I have been trying to understand. The available functions are all there but the problem is they did not explain the way to start controlling the card. They assume customers will use the GUI directly.

Please help!! Have been losing sleep over this. :(:wacko:

QUOTE (wan81 @ Apr 10 2008, 03:56 AM)

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here but not in labVIEW. I am currently trying to interface COM automation objects to control a galvo scan mirror system using a LEC - 1 card from Cambridge Tech. The 3rd party software comes from Winlase(Lanmark controls).

Thus far I know how to load the type library in order to gain access to the functions provided.

My task is to:

1. Create a connection from my PC that acts as a client to the controller card that acts as a server using TCP/IP connection.

2. Create mark objects so that I can control my hardware device (the mirrors)

What I am not sure is what the programming flow is to control the card. After I create the connection, do I create objects or did I miss some steps.

A GUI interface has been provided but I'm trying to integrate the COM automation objects with labview.

If i have not been clear, please state how I can make my question clear. I've tried many ways to control the card by attaching the functions in different permutation but to non avail. Vendors cannot be contacted. Aiyah.

Anyway, attached is the Winlase COM automation manual for your perusal that I have been trying to understand. The available functions are all there but the problem is they did not explain the way to start controlling the card. They assume customers will use the GUI directly.

Please help!! Have been losing sleep over this. :(:wacko:

As you have found, ActiveX/COM interface documentation is absolutely necessary to be able to integrate such a software into LabVIEW but by no means sufficient. Without some examples that show how to use it, it is almost impossible to do something useful with it. While it would be very nice if those examples would come in LabVIEW VIs this is typically only happening in paradise. But some Visual Basic examples should be the absolute minimum anyone publishing an ActiveX interface needs to come out with in order to make that documentation not just an exercise in vain. Try to find them and if they aren't there bug the manufacturer for them.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

did somebody figure this out? :wacko:

Im having a few issues with this ActiveX libraries.. so far i can do anything but make the laser mark :P

seriously, i'm stuck tring to send a job to the laser and start marking, so far i managed to connect to the laser using the ILEC and get all the events and registers values, also i can manage files and folders buuut, when i try to enable the laser i see a glance at the emmisor led... and thats it.. no marking..

Has anyone made this ActiveX libraries work with Labview?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

hi!

I would like to know how to connect a galvo-mirror 6215H to thecomputer. The mirror is connected to the board by one cable, but thenhow the board is connect do the pc? what kind of communication it uses?USB? COM? Could you tell how I can controll the system using Labview? Please, I really need some help!

Thank you very much,

hi!

I would like to know how to connect a galvo-mirror 6215H to thecomputer. The mirror is connected to the board by one cable, but thenhow the board is connect do the pc? what kind of communication it uses?USB? COM? Could you tell how I can controll the system using Labview? Please, I really need some help!

Thank you very much,

You have the hardware and hopefully the documentation, so you are about 2 light years ahead of us, to make this work!

Sorry but with so little information it is absolutely impossible to help you and I doubt there is anyone else with this hardware setup, who is reading this board AND has tried to make this work in LabVIEW AND is willing, able and has time to share his solution. So you will have to try harder to make this work.

Rolf Kalbermatter

hi!

Thank you very much,

You say you have a particular galvo (6215H) but don't mention the model of the servo driver board. That is what will determine how you connect to the PC. Most servos are analog IN which means you'll need some type of data acquisition card in your PC to control it. Once a servo is tuned to its galvo/mirror you can just send the system a command signal which will move the mirror in a controlled way. What type of command you send (+/-3V, +/-10V, etc.) again depends on the model of the servo board. If it's a CTI servo then it will be +/-10 Volts).