Live Flood Data on the Internet

So my hometown (Cedar Falls, IA) and surrounding areas are flooding. That happens every so often, and apparently some areas are getting hit pretty hard. Too bad :(. I hope the DISTek people are all OK :).

But I think it's cool that the NWS/NOAA have live water level data and forecasts right on the web! There's really a ton of data there. Junk like this is part of what the Internet is really good for.

cedi4_hg.png

I wonder if there's any NI hardware in the system?

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Apr 26 2008, 09:50 AM)

So my hometown (Cedar Falls, IA) and surrounding areas are flooding. That happens every so often, and apparently some areas are getting hit pretty hard. Too bad :( . I hope the DISTek people are all OK :) .

But I think it's cool that the NWS/NOAA have right on the web! There's really a ton of data there. Junk like this is part of what the Internet is really good for.

I wonder if there's any NI hardware in the system?

Our office is OK. It's not near the river.

Some of our people do have water in the basement or have had a flash flood run by their house.

My dad lives right on the river and was expecting 2-4 feet of water in his garage. His house is on top of the garage, so he didn't get anything in the house. We just empty the garage when this happens. It's built for it. I'll see if he's got any pictures.

Ed