Suppress load vi window

I am working on converting existing programs that were written in labVIEW 7.1 to be vista compatible. I know that labVIEW 7.1 is not vista compatible, and I will eventually switch over to labVIEW 8.5, but the existing programs seem to work with the virtualstore for now.

One interesting problem that I have come across, however, is that when the executable program is loading, a window opens for a few seconds saying that the subvi's are loading. This window scans through the names and locations of all vi's before the program opens. Although the program still opens just fine, I don't want this window visible in the distribution copy.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for the help,

Amelia

QUOTE (Amelia @ Apr 30 2008, 03:02 PM)

I am working on converting existing programs that were written in labVIEW 7.1 to be vista compatible. I know that labVIEW 7.1 is not vista compatible, and I will eventually switch over to labVIEW 8.5, but the existing programs seem to work with the virtualstore for now.

One interesting problem that I have come across, however, is that when the executable program is loading, a window opens for a few seconds saying that the subvi's are loading. This window scans through the names and locations of all vi's before the program opens. Although the program still opens just fine, I don't want this window visible in the distribution copy.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for the help,

Amelia

Put another top-level VI in your application, like a splash screen. As soon as a VI has its window opened, the load window won't appear even if the application is not fully loaded yet.

QUOTE (jpdrolet @ Apr 30 2008, 02:29 PM)

Put another top-level VI in your application, like a splash screen. As soon as a VI has its window opened, the load window won't appear even if the application is not fully loaded yet.

I actually already have a splash screen, but the load vi window opens before the splash screen. You are right that as soon as the splash screen opens, the load window goes away, but I don't want the load window to show at all.

QUOTE (Amelia @ May 1 2008, 12:13 PM)

I actually already have a splash screen, but the load vi window opens before the splash screen. You are right that as soon as the splash screen opens, the load window goes away, but I don't want the load window to show at all.

Can you maybe upload your splash screen code? I think what you're doing is statically loading the application in the splash screen (ie: the application is a subVI in the splash screen), but maybe you need to make that a dynamic VIServer launch? I can't really comment much further until I see the code though...

QUOTE (Amelia @ May 1 2008, 11:13 AM)

Then your splash screen takes to long to load. LabVIEW waits a few 100ms befor putting up the load dialog. This is enough to load a splash screen that does not have a to large hierarchy. Of course if you add your main VI statically into the splash screen that hierarchy needs to be loaded too before the VI can start executing.

Instead you want your splash screen to start up immediately showing it's front panel and then load and start (Run) your main VI dynamically using VI server inside the diagram of your startup splash screen. Once the main VI has loaded and started by opening its frontpanel your splash screen can stop and close.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (rolfk @ May 2 2008, 05:51 AM)

Then your splash screen takes to long to load. LabVIEW waits a few 100ms befor putting up the load dialog. This is enough to load a splash screen that does not have a to large hierarchy. Of course if you add your main VI statically into the splash screen that hierarchy needs to be loaded too before the VI can start executing.

Instead you want your splash screen to start up immediately showing it's front panel and then load and start (Run) your main VI dynamically using VI server inside the diagram of your startup splash screen. Once the main VI has loaded and started by opening its frontpanel your splash screen can stop and close.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Thanks. That makes sense.