Max number of VIs in a project?

QUOTE (netta @ May 5 2008, 05:08 PM)

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of VIs which can be included in an LV project?
Looking at the code, there is probably an upper bound around 2^30th VIs. But I don't see anything that should limit below that. I have seen 8000 VIs in a project.

You may be running out of memory on your system. Save As is going to require all VIs to be loaded into memory so that all the saved paths (such as paths to subVIs) can be redirected to the new locations.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 5 2008, 10:30 PM)

Looking at the code, there is probably an upper bound around 2^30th VIs. But I don't see anything that should limit below that. I have seen 8000 VIs in a project.

You may be running out of memory on your system. Save As is going to require all VIs to be loaded into memory so that all the saved paths (such as paths to subVIs) can be redirected to the new locations.

Thanks Aristos...

That's good news on the upper limit.

As for the SaveAs, if that's what's needed, why does it not just get ona nd load them or at least give me an error to indicate that it can't? It does seem to being a fair bit of work when I select SaveAs but then finishes with no errors and no output :(

Is there something I can do to force it to load them all into memory?

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 5 2008, 11:30 PM)

Do all VIs need to been in memory at the same time? Couldnt this be made more robust?