Arbitrary signal generator

Ravi0709

Hi.....

I'm trying to generate a arbitrary signal, which has a duration of 5 to 6 mins. My signal is not a periodic signal (no phase, frequency etc.), it's generated only once whenever required. I have around 70 to 80 (time,vlotage) co-ordinates. I'm using "Simulate Arbitrary Signal" express vi. This vi generating wave form of exact shape but not in duration. When I send this generated signal onto an analog output pin(nr. 22) of "NI PCI 6052E" interface board and observed output on CRO, duration was about few micro seconds. When tried to increase the duration, it's happend but for few more micro secs. I did all this work on a real-time target. I need help regarding this matter. Should I program any on board components of "NI PCI 6052E" to get exact duration of signal..?? My requirement is "once I start the vi, it should generate a voltage signal over a period of 5 to 6 mins. sothat, I can observe it on CRO". I work with LabVIEW 8.5.

Thank you,

Ravinder

QUOTE (Ravi0709 @ Jun 21 2008, 01:41 PM)

I'm trying to generate a arbitrary signal, which has a duration of 5 to 6 mins. [snip]

My initial thought is that your timebase (how fast you're updating the output) is faster than you're thinking. Without seeing code, any of us are grasping at straws, though.

Tim

Hi Tim....

I can't provide u co-ordinate file. But, I'm giving u sample points....

Time (sec).........Voltage (volt)

Pls...give me any idea if u have....

I'm trying to use "wait(ms)" function after sending every voltage value over analog output port. With this procedure I'm not getting exact shape of the waveform but I'm able to get exact time periode.

Thank you,

Ravinder