Cannot change things in a Tab Control

Hello,

I am new to LabView, and got a program written by someone I don't know a while ago (it's in version 6.1) and I need to modify some part of it. I am sorry that because the program includes a lot of subVI's and typedef's so that I cannot post the whole thing up here, but I'll try to explain the question I am having now...

There is a tab control that is used to change/set a lot of parameters that are defined in a seperate type definition. But in the program, the direct implement (control) of the typedef is hidden, and somehow the user can change the value of them by using the controls in that tab control. But I didn't see any connection between the typedef and the tab control... And the control is grayed out and I cannot change anything in that tab control (I cannot even select that tab control from the design panel, can only click on it in the diagram).

I've attached the part I saw about that tab control in the attachment. If anyone know how these things are setup, and how I could possibly change things in that tab control, I will really appreciate it!! I am sorry if the explanation is not clear enough. Please let me know if there is any information that is needed. Thank you very much!