speed for using run time editor

Hi

I am new to labview and have a 2 quick questions. I have 2 computers (both with linux) but one that is not fast enough to run labview. I have downloaded the run time editor on the slower computer. If the slower computer is not fast enough to run labview, will I have a problem using the run time editor to run the VIs that I make?

Also, the 2 computer have different distributions of linux, will that be a problem? Or do I just need to develop my VIs on a linux computer no matter what distribution?

Thanks so much!

highway

QUOTE (highway @ Jun 25 2008, 12:27 PM)

If the slower computer is not fast enough to run labview, will I have a problem using the run time editor to run the VIs that I make?
Not necessarily. The editor is a much heavier component than the run time engine alone. There is some weight to the engine -- just loading a VI has some operational overhead -- but in any non-trivial VI, what is going to matter more will be what you're actually trying to do in your VIs. If your VIs are computation heavy, you may have a problem. If the VIs are lightweight, they may work just fine.

Also, the 2 computer have different distributions of linux, will that be a problem? Or do I just need to develop my VIs on a linux computer no matter what distribution?

Not my area of expertise. :-) I'll let someone else answer this.