Video - Objects and Classes

QUOTE (TobyD @ Jul 9 2008, 06:11 PM)

Excellent video Tomi! And let me be the first to say thank you for not using youtube. The increased resolution of vimeo is nice. Did you set up a green screen to insert the expression flow background? Very cool!

Thanks :) I was using Vimeo because of the excellent 1280x720p HD quality, as it provides ability to download videos and as some users tend to have problems accessing YouTube because of corporate "security" policies.

About green screen, I spent a few weeks painting the ExpressionFlow background to our living room wall ;) You can imagine how lot of and how detailed work that was :)

A comment about design patterns drawn from other OO languages in general: The "behavioral" patterns -- the ones that talk about having one object do an action while another object does an action, or about sending a message from one object to another -- are almost always realized in LabVIEW by substituting the word "object" with the word "VI". The data and interface patterns are fulfilled using LabVIEW classes. But the flow-of-control behaviors of LabVIEW are already encapsulated in an object: the virtual instrument.