Hi!

Hello everyone

I am an Industrial Engineering major working on a project for summer in a manufacturing systems lab in my university.

The system which I am working on uses labview for controlling the motion of a tool along the 3 axes. I am trying to understand the system and later try to see what I can do to improve it. I have not really worked on Labview before so I do need some help...( hope you guys will be here!)

My first question is

I am trying to write the data generated by labview to an excel file. The thing is that I have two sources of data and I want to write the data from each source to two different columns of the same excel sheet. Since I am not very well versed with labview I am not sure if this is possible. How can i do this?

Thanks!

Welcome to LAVA. Here are some tutorials which might help you.

As for the Excel issue, you can use the Write to Spreadsheet File VI, which allows you to generate a CSV file, which can be opened by Excel. You can make a 2D array from two 1D arrays by using the Build Array primitive.

QUOTE (electrika @ Jul 9 2008, 03:01 PM)

I am trying to write the data generated by labview to an excel file. The thing is that I have two sources of data and I want to write the data from each source to two different columns of the same excel sheet. Since I am not very well versed with labview I am not sure if this is possible. How can i do this?

Yes, it is possible.

However... you may wish to use a CSV file, which is fully compatible with Excel; this would be much easier to implement. This would involve opening a text file and writing out any header, then write out your values. CSV is pretty widely known and documented, so I won't go into that.

Tim