plotting data in excel (labview 7.0)

I want to plot xy/ multi xy in excel spreadsheet, if possible excel workbook. I have labview 7.0 version, that's why I cannot open the "excel line chart.vi" to plot my data, that I found in one of the forums posted by "Doon". I have my data in lvm file which my vi creates after I send my data to "write to spreadsheet.vi".

I was wondering if someone has a vi which can do the required job in 7.0 version & without using DAQ.

Thanks in advance.

I found the attached vi, which I believe I can use for my plotting purpose. But I am unable to figure out how to select the file path, inshort how to tell the vi which data file I want to plot.

I'll appreciate, if someone can help me with that part.

I have tried looking in the examples but becuase of the older version of labview, it's difficult to achieve what I am trying to do.

Again, look at the shipping examples (which do ship with 7.0). I don't remember if they show how to work with a specific file, but they show how to create a new Excel instance and you should be able to open a file in one of the higher levels of the hierarchy (presumably the application or workbook level).