Should I really recover that file?

Hmm, there's one I haven't seen before. I'd be interested in how you got into that situation - specifically where next time you launch LabVIEW you get the autosave recovery dialog with one "blank" item... or any blank items for that matter. Please let me know if you can reproduce this.

Given the first dialog, the fact that you get to the second doesn't surprise me. Also, the lack of a "do nothing" option is intentional. By the time the autosave recovery dialog is complete, we must not have any un-recovered files remaining in the autosave directory for the version of LabVIEW you are launching. If you end up at that second dialog, it is telling you that you need to manually go to the directory displayed and copy any files out of there before continuing. If you have any further questions, or suggestions to make this message clearer, please let me know.

Jeff,

For once I am not blaming NI on this one. Windows gave me a BSOD and after rebooting and restarting LV this is what I got.

I was just venting my frustration... ashamed0001.gif

Sorry about that.

About improving the second dialog I think it should be consistent with the first one.

You said: "we must not have any un-recovered files remaining in the autosave directory for the version of LabVIEW you are launching".

What about having a cancel button that would archive the files (like there is a Cancel button on the first dialog) instead of a "delete backup files". Deleting file seem to be very drastic thing to do. It just does not feel right.

PJM

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Aug 22 2008, 06:49 PM)

What about having a cancel button that would archive the files (like there is a Cancel button on the first dialog) instead of a "delete backup files". Deleting file seem to be very drastic thing to do. It just does not feel right.

Hi,

similar "recovery error" happened to me a few times...

I agree with PJM:

by clicking the "cancel" button on the first dialog the

backup files are moved (not deleted) to the archive directory.

Why then the same option is not given on the second dialog?

Btw., what did you find in that LVAutoSave\errors directory?

Any file without a name? :blink:

G