LV71 EXE issues with missing subVIs

Hi all,

I have been happily developing an application in LV 7.1 (not my preferred version) that needs to be compiled into an executable. I am familiar with the app builder and the executable runs fine on the development machine. It fails to run on another PC that does not have LV installed. I built an installer to ensure the LV71 run-time engine was included. When I run the app I get "An error occured loading VI 'Real Inverse Matrix (LU).vi'. LabVIEW load error code 21.... I get the same message for a bunch of other linear algebra functions that are in the program. I am aware of many other "code 21" posts but they all seem to be related to missing items like DAQ, IMAQ etc. I have checked here and verified that there are no (listed) special requirements for linear algebra functions like the ones I am using. I have tried copying lvanlys.dll, adding the missing VI's as dynamic VI's and support files. No good.

I have noted that all the "missing" VI's are in fact included in the VI Settings tab of the app builder as shown below.

post-4848-1219934474.jpg?width=400

Is there a magic post that explains a very obvious solution, is there a trick that I have missed or is there some obscure reference to a work around for including linear algebra functions?

Your help is, as always, very much appreciated.

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: :beer:

Do you get any more info than just "load error code 21"? Do all of these VIs call a DLL that's missing and/or needs to be registered?

You're, of course, not right at the end of the project, right? You've subscribed to the "build early, build often" mantra, right? So this isn't a major timeline issue yet, right? ;)

Analysis support is a component of the Run-Time Engine. The installer has an option to include (the default) analysis support. You could verify in the Advanced Installer settings that the "Analyze VIs Support" is checked. You could also try reinstalling just the 7.1 RTE (which I believe you can download from ni.com).

QUOTE (Phil Duncan @ Aug 28 2008, 12:11 PM)

:D

QUOTE (Phil Duncan @ Aug 28 2008, 12:11 PM)

I get a very helpful explanation. The full text reads like this: "An error occurred loading VI "Real Inverse Matrix (LU).vi". LabVIEW load error code 21: An external subroutine required for execution could not be found.

Ahhh - that's important - sis you enable analysis support when you installed the RTE?

EDIT: gmart got there before me :)