Book sugestions

ASTDan

Hello,

I have been reading and replying to my own and other people's request for what they think are good LabVIEW books. I was wondering if there already is, or if we could start some kind of book list with ratings and or comments.

This could also include interesting books/websites on good software pratices, engineering resources, tools, etc.

What do you think?

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Sep 23 2008, 09:50 AM)

This wiki is cool. However how would you put ratings and comments by multiple users next to each listed book? Kinda like Amazon.

Is that a feature of wiki?

Dan

QUOTE (ASTDan @ Sep 24 2008, 05:54 AM)

That looks like a good list. Is that ALL the LabVIEW books out there? That's not much.

As far as the rating system. I think rating things using stars is not very helpful. I think a better thing would be to read reviews from those that have purchased the book. So, feel free to add your review below a particular book listing on the Wiki page.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Sep 25 2008, 01:22 PM)

That looks like a good list. Is that ALL the LabVIEW books out there? That's not much.

I am sure they’re more books out there, however those are the ones I am familar with. I will probably do some research on some additional books to add, I just threw it up there to get it started.

I also added my personal take on the list in the discussion link. I am hoping others do the same.

Dan

QUOTE (nhollenback @ Sep 23 2008, 09:59 AM)

Does anyone have LabVIEW GUI: Essential Techniques? What is your take on the book? BTW - is available on Amazon for $234 :thumbup:

I have the book. Bought it way back for less than $234 :yes:

I haven't looked at it in a long time. But I remember it being quite useful.