Enum constant Case Structure comment bad behaviour

Graeme

Hi all,

The attached VI and its comments say it all, but briefly, if you have an Enum constant wired to a Case Structure selector and the Case Structure has had "Add Case For Every Value" applied, then if you are commenting in a case for which the Enum constant is not set, then the comment does not behave properly (it only updates when you click outside of the comment).

Trivial in the greater scheme of things I know, but threw me a curved ball for a while. Responses welcome.

Regards, Graeme.

QUOTE (Graeme @ Sep 11 2008, 05:30 PM)

Hi all,

The attached VI and its comments say it all, but briefly, if you have an Enum constant wired to a Case Structure selector and the Case Structure has had "Add Case For Every Value" applied, then if you are commenting in a case for which the Enum constant is not set, then the comment does not behave properly (it only updates when you click outside of the comment).

Trivial in the greater scheme of things I know, but threw me a curved ball for a while. Responses welcome.

Regards, Graeme.

I can confirm that it doesn't work for me in 8.5 but it has been fixed in 8.6...

I tried yours and it behaves the same way for me. However, I re-created your VI and I can edit any comment in any case regardless of what the enum is set to. I live and die by enum state machines and have never encountered this before. However ... upon futher investigation it so happens that when I expand the size of the comment block itself it started misbehaving the way you observed. Very strange.