PDA Runtime

Randy

I'm looking at implementing a system that publishes a vi through the labview web server for remote access/control. I'd like to be able to view this webpage on a PDA/Windows CE device and was wondering if there is a runtime deployment for Windows CE that would allow this kind of remote panel type setup since I've needed to install runtime on PC based machines with a similar setup. I'm operating with LV8.6 on the system acting as a web server.

Thanks

QUOTE (Randy @ Nov 6 2008, 12:46 AM)

I'm looking at implementing a system that publishes a vi through the labview web server for remote access/control. I'd like to be able to view this webpage on a PDA/Windows CE device and was wondering if there is a runtime deployment for Windows CE that would allow this kind of remote panel type setup since I've needed to install runtime on PC based machines with a similar setup. I'm operating with LV8.6 on the system acting as a web server.

Thanks

About 3-6 months ago I inquired to NI Support about Remote Panels running on a Windows CE Touch Screen (specifically TPC-2012) [LV8.5.1].

The response was that Remote Panel is not supported on that OS - something to do with the browser I think.

I will see if I can find the exact response in my work inbox if I still have it.

So the last I heard a method like this won't work - we had to implement a custom solution (VI).

Thanks, kind of what I was thinking from the research I've conducted...I think we'll move to a panel PC with a full blown OS instead.

Thanks again,

Randy

QUOTE (jgcode @ Nov 5 2008, 04:23 PM)

About 3-6 months ago I inquired to NI Support about Remote Panels running on a Windows CE Touch Screen (specifically TPC-2012) [LV8.5.1].

The response was that Remote Panel is not supported on that OS - something to do with the browser I think.

I will see if I can find the exact response in my work inbox if I still have it.

So the last I heard a method like this won't work - we had to implement a custom solution (VI).