Profile reentrant dynamic VIs

Does anyone know how to use the VI profiler to collect data on VIs that are dynamically called and are reentrant? When I run it now, the data for a given VI disappears/resets everytime it leaves memeory. I want to sum up all the calls to each instance of a VI and see where the slow code is.

thanks,

-John

John,

This might be something that's useful (the third item on the page)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=277358#M270293

I found this the other day when I was wondering about how to profile reentrant VI's. I haven't used it yet but it looks like you could have each reentrant instance attach their names to a message on entrance and exit and find out how much time is consumed (with the added complication of guessing how much overhead this call adds).

Mark

Could you, for the purposes of profiling, go ahead and load all the VIs into memory (by opening their front panels) and then run? That way they stay in memory throughout the run. True, you would lose the timing info of how long it takes to load/unload those VIs, but if what you're after is algorithm overhead, that might suffice.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Nov 6 2008, 12:33 PM)

Could you, for the purposes of profiling, go ahead and load all the VIs into memory (by opening their front panels) and then run? That way they stay in memory throughout the run. True, you would lose the timing info of how long it takes to load/unload those VIs, but if what you're after is algorithm overhead, that might suffice.

I will give that a try. Thanks for the idea.