Air Crash management system

labviewRTS

Hi there,

Does anyone here have an ideas on how to implement an Air Crash management System or Aircraft management system using Labview. I am interested of starting a design for this application. Please guide me what tools should  I need, is it using compactRIO, FPGA or others?  

I was watching an air crash video today and throghout the video I realise that most AirBus is using fully computer intergrated to help pilots to control the plane. I was thinking on how Labview can helps in handling things such as Disaster recovery.

Any comments and guidance toward this post will really appreciated. 

Anyway, i am writting a blog at http://programmerresearch.wordpress.com. Have a look and do give me comments about it. Thank you.

QUOTE (labviewRTS @ Nov 14 2008, 12:26 PM)

Does anyone here have an ideas on how to implement an Air Crash management System or Aircraft management system using Labview. I am interested of starting a design for this application. Please guide me what tools should I need, is it using compactRIO, FPGA or others?

Can you define the functionality and requirements of this system in a lot more detail. Then we can provide some suggestions for you. Are you planning to build this for yourself, as a contractor, to bid on a project?

QUOTE (LV_FPGA_SE @ Nov 14 2008, 07:26 PM)

Can you define the functionality and requirements of this system in a lot more detail. Then we can provide some suggestions for you. Are you planning to build this for yourself, as a contractor, to bid on a project?

No I am not a contractor nor bidding for a project. This is just a self interest. I haven't design the functionality and requirement. I just got this ideas of implementing this system after watching an Airbush crashing documentary in Discovery Channel. If someone can provide me functionality and requirement, i guess i can design it. Anyway, i will take a look and study what are the functionality and requirement. THank for viewing this post

Cheer

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (labviewRTS @ Nov 14 2008, 05:22 PM)

No I am not a contractor nor bidding for a project. This is just a self interest. I haven't design the functionality and requirement. I just got this ideas of implementing this system after watching an Airbush crashing documentary in Discovery Channel. If someone can provide me functionality and requirement, i guess i can design it. Anyway, i will take a look and study what are the functionality and requirement. THank for viewing this post

Actually the most challenging and time consuming part is to create the requirements specifications together with the functional specifications. Certainly with a system like what you have in mind! Once these have been created and verified the actual implementation is still a lot of work but in fact simple in comparison.

So you probably shouldn't hold your breath for someone to create for you the grunt work of your system. Those that know what would be involved and know how to write such specifications, likely would write such a software themselves if they haven't already done so.

Rolf Kalbermatter