IMAQ ROI

I have an image of a spot on a CCD camera and it is a fairly stable image. I have a lot of background noise around the image I'd like

to cut out. I can do this easily using an Intensity graph to work out what pixel values to ignore but I'd also like to only analyse a rectangular

segment of my whole image, ie a rectangle around the spot.

I have tried using IMAQ select rectangle but it just keeps constantly asking me to select a rectangle even after one is selected.

Any ideas?

QUOTE (Fresnel @ Nov 22 2008, 01:21 AM)

I have an image of a spot on a CCD camera and it is a fairly stable image. I have a lot of background noise around the image I'd like

to cut out. I can do this easily using an Intensity graph to work out what pixel values to ignore but I'd also like to only analyse a rectangular

segment of my whole image, ie a rectangle around the spot.

I have tried using IMAQ select rectangle but it just keeps constantly asking me to select a rectangle even after one is selected.

Any ideas?

How did you implement IMAQ select rectangle in your code? It is easier to see the structure/architect of your code before i can comment anything.

However, I have a feeling that you are having this function in a loop or some sort, be careful on dataflow in LabVIEW.

Below is a simple example on how you can set the window position, dont forget the window number:

QUOTE (Minh Pham @ Nov 23 2008, 09:43 PM)

How did you implement IMAQ select rectangle in your code? It is easier to see the structure/architect of your code before i can comment anything.

However, I have a feeling that you are having this function in a loop or some sort, be careful on dataflow in LabVIEW.

Below is a simple example on how you can set the window position, dont forget the window number:

I realised on friday that I had it in a loop, hence why it kept asking me to select rectangle. Here is a screenshot of the front panel. I have selected a rectangular ROI. I would like to be able to place it on the block diagram and use this ROI area as my new image, but can't find a way of doing this just now.

QUOTE (Fresnel @ Nov 24 2008, 06:39 AM)

I realised on friday that I had it in a loop, hence why it kept asking me to select rectangle. Here is a screenshot of the front panel. I have selected a rectangular ROI. I would like to be able to place it on the block diagram and use this ROI area as my new image, but can't find a way of doing this just now.

You forgot the screenshot part ;)