How to creat these strange control ref

Tong Wei

I am reading a VI. On the front panel, there are some strange "Control reference" control. I don't know how they are created.

See the attached pictures.

Picture 1: You can see the three items "Show control" , "select ctrl type" and “Include data type" are grey. How is it created like this?

Picture 2: I tried to creat a "similar" control reference :Controls palette->refnum->control refnum,and then drag "Data log file refnum" into that control refnum。But I cannot make it "strictly typed" (star), the "Include data type" item is grey.

Also the VI is attached.

Thanks.

Wei

LV7.1

Strict references can be created by "ctrl-dragging" a control of the type you want into the control ref control. After you drop the copy into the control ref control (seems redundant?) it will show you the star indicating its a strict. Another way is to find the control that will be your prototype and doing a "create ref" from it.

Does anyone know of another way?

Curious,

Ben

Thanks, I know these.

I just want to know how to make it like Picture 1: The three items "Show control" , "select ctrl type" and “Include data type" are grey out.

Best,

QUOTE (neB @ Dec 9 2008, 10:01 AM)

Strict references can be created by "ctrl-dragging" a control of the type you want into the control ref control. After you drop the copy into the control ref control (seems redundant?) it will show you the star indicating its a strict. Another way is to find the control that will be your prototype and doing a "create ref" from it.

Does anyone know of another way?

Curious,

Ben