Controlling Looping in Test Stand

I've got a Test Stand app that I need to modify the error handling on and have ran into a road block. Basically, I have a series of nested loops and when I encounter an error on a step, I need to go back to the beginning of the sequence and start over but I want all the loops to pick up where they left off. I'll try to give a text based example:

Sequence Start

Init Test

Init Database

Init Instruments

For i = 1 to 10

For i2 = a to e

Do x

Next

Next

if an error occurs at Do x where i = 5 and i2 = c then I want to go back to Sequence Start, Execute all steps but on the loops I want i to start at 5 and i2 to start at c. Furthermore if the condition passes normal looping must resume, if the condition fails three times then the program must terminate. Is this possible to do? Any help is appreciated as I'm new to TestStand.

Thanks,

Charles Chickering

• 3 months later...

QUOTE (Charles Chickering @ Dec 18 2008, 10:07 PM)

Sequence Start

Init Test

Init Database

Init Instruments

For i = 1 to 10

For i2 = a to e

Do x

Next

Next

if an error occurs at Do x where i = 5 and i2 = c then I want to go back to Sequence Start, Execute all steps but on the loops I want i to start at 5 and i2 to start at c. Furthermore if the condition passes normal looping must resume, if the condition fails three times then the program must terminate. Is this possible to do? Any help is appreciated as I'm new to TestStand.

Thanks,

Charles Chickering

Hello

I'm also new to Teststand. And I had a similar looping sequence.

I don't know if you have found any solutions on your problem.

I'm using Teststand 4.1.1

In TS4.1.1 I can sett the step to loop e.g. 4 times(fails) or 1(or more)Pass(es) before moving on to the next test.

This is located under Step -> properties -> Looping.

Pass fail count

Stop after x count of pass or after maximum y times.

I hope this helps.