Stepper Motor

SaNoSuke

Hi everybody......am new in this great forum and in the same time in the labview 8.0(student edition)

acutally am looking for help in controlling the stepping motor.....the idea is am trying to follow the sun by using a solar panel by calculating the azmuith angle so depending on the result it will control the stepper motor how many steps it has to move....am stuck now with the part how to move and i dont have that much time to submit my senior 1 graduation project(it must be dont by 11/Jan) and i have the final exams in 5 days.....so if somebody can help me with the basic design so i will be greatfull.......

plz guys my life depends on you!!!

sorry for my bad english.....

QUOTE (SaNoSuke @ Dec 22 2008, 03:15 AM)

Hi everybody......am new in this great forum and in the same time in the labview 8.0(student edition)

acutally am looking for help in controlling the stepping motor.....the idea is am trying to follow the sun by using a solar panel by calculating the azmuith angle so depending on the result it will control the stepper motor how many steps it has to move....am stuck now with the part how to move and i dont have that much time to submit my senior 1 graduation project(it must be dont by 11/Jan) and i have the final exams in 5 days.....so if somebody can help me with the basic design so i will be greatfull.......

plz guys my life depends on you!!!

sorry for my bad english.....

This is agreat resource to search for what you might need in your project, NI discussion forum also a nice place to visit to look for the

answer to many problems users worldwide are facing. If you require some help, you need to show what you've done (example code), which part

you consider as confusing or stuck in term of coding. And studying isnt something like: "plz guys my life depends on you" I guess, it is something you need to spend your time to do research and practise so the knowledge/skills become yours by the end of the day.

Good luck,

thanx alot guys for wat u said .......but as a strating ....i was trying to control it with pulse generation and send it throught the interface board to labview,i will show u the code i did but still facing some problems in accuracy...

one more question...is there a diffrence between controlling 6-wires and 4-wires motors??i mean in the code?and which one is easier to control?

and everytime am trying to use the DAQassis is not working cuz i dont have the card.....so can i install a vitual card so i could use it at home ?

auright guys....this is wat i've dont till the moment and i wasnt able to finish cuz i have to work on my final exams......if anybody has better ideas let me now

btw...the idea is am controling a solar panel carried by a stepper motor..am trying now to control the stepper motor by a hardware driver which actually easier that using the labview....but still facing some problem in sending the output pulses and how to send it to the stepper....am sure my desing has alot of mistakes but still new user (started 3 weeks ago)