LabView tradtional DAQ

Vikers

Hello everyone!

I'm new to LabVIEW but I've been given the responsibility to support a few applications that have been already developed. One of the applications was written in LabView 6 and now isn't working. I believe the issue is that the LV code is referencing channels on our data acquistion card using an alias, but that alias information information has some how been lost on the card. I'd like to be able to review the code on my laptop (I have LV 8.2 installed) but when I try to open the application, it cannot find "AI Acquire Wafeforms (waveform).vi". From what I've read in a few other posts, this should be included in the traditional DAQ drivers. I tried to install them from the drivers CD from 8.2 and even found a package for 7.4.1, but no luck ever finding this VI. I dont know if this would matter, but I dont have any data acquistion cards installed on my laptop.

Obviously I have alot to learn about LV and I think I've found the right place :)

If anyone can help with some more information about how I can find this VI, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

VIk

Get your drivers CD for 8.2.1 and then install support for Traditional DAQ (which is not installed by default with the newer versions).

It should have all the traditional DAQ VI's there, and the VI's will open up fine after that.

You might also look on the web for it and download from the NI site.

N.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Jan 6 2009, 12:38 PM)

Get your drivers CD for 8.2.1 and then install support for Traditional DAQ (which is not installed by default with the newer versions).

It should have all the traditional DAQ VI's there, and the VI's will open up fine after that.

You might also look on the web for it and download from the NI site.

N.

Well, the good news this this worked :) I'm still a little confused as to why when I installed the traditional DAQ drivers from other CD / Downloads why I was never able to find it.

Now that the VIs are loading, I can start digging in.

Thanks for your help-

VIk

On other off topic question if you have a second- Some of the sub VIs are complaining about bad terminals and such. When opening apps developed in 6.0 with 8.2 is it typical to find a few small incompatibilities in the VIs? (I see some notes that the VI that has the issue doesnt support .png files anymore only .bmp files, so it seems NI is updating the reports VIs)

QUOTE (Vikers @ Jan 6 2009, 02:25 PM)

Good!

QUOTE (Vikers @ Jan 6 2009, 02:25 PM)

Some of the sub VIs are complaining about bad terminals and such. When opening apps developed in 6.0 with 8.2 is it typical to find a few small incompatibilities in the VIs?

Are they NI VI's? NI generally does not change their own VI's connector panes. If they are VI's written by your team, then it is possible that from LV version to version there are minor changes in functionality; things like the datalog format or in some cases, an unwired boolean is hidden on the front panel on upgrade and you are warned about it. In each case, read the LV upgrade notes for that LV version carefully. These are well-written and will point out all changes wrt your current and final upgrade version.

Just deal with each message in your own context. Ignore it if its trivial, deal with it appropriately if not.

Neville.