New Events

This isn't really a wish, but more a search.

The LabVIEW upgrade notes state:

LabVIEW 8.6 includes new VI Server classes, properties, methods, and events. Refer to the LabVIEW

8.6 Features and Changes»New VI Server Objects topic on the Contents tab of the LabVIEW Help

for a list of new classes, properties, methods, and events.

So I went to the LabVIEW online help pages for:

And nowere ever is a list of new events :headbang: .

Am I looking in the wrong direction or did NI forget this?

I would be really interested in such a list if I upgraded LabVIEW some events (Edit? on a listbox for instance) are very very usefull.

Ton

I work on LabVIEW documentation, and I can certainly understand your frustration. I encountered the same confusion and frustration as I searched for an answer to your post. What I found is that the statement in the Upgrade Notes is misleading. We do publish a list of all new classes, properties, methods, and events in the LabVIEW Help; however, we haven't added any new events to LabVIEW since 8.0 so that's why the Events section is missing from the help topics you linked to in your post.

You can find a list of the events added in LabVIEW 8.0 at http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/37...rade/new_pmecs/.

I work on LabVIEW documentation, and I can certainly understand your frustration. I encountered the same confusion and frustration as I searched for an answer to your post. What I found is that the statement in the Upgrade Notes is misleading. We do publish a list of all new classes, properties, methods, and events in the LabVIEW Help; however, we haven't added any new events to LabVIEW since 8.0 so that's why the Events section is missing from the help topics you linked to in your post.

You can find a list of the events added in LabVIEW 8.0 at http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/37...rade/new_pmecs/.