How to read excel columns into arrays

cheekychops

Hi

I wonder if someone can please help me, I dont want anyone to do the work but points or hints on where I am going wrong would be really appreciated.

Basically I have the following excel sheet, I want to read the first coulmn into one array and the other into another.

0.5012 0.0018

0.4961 0.0009

0.4902 -0.0003

0.4852 -0.0012

0.4791 -0.0022

0.4741 -0.0031

I have attached what I have done so far, I am guessing it outputs each row in and array?? so I end up with lots of arrays corresponding each row? is this right?

Thanks

QUOTE (cheekychops @ Feb 3 2009, 05:40 PM)

I have attached what I have done so far, I am guessing it outputs each row in and array?? so I end up with lots of arrays corresponding each row? is this right?

The Index Array function has a row input and a column input. You have wired the row input, so you are getting the rows in your 1-D arrays. If you wire the bottom input instead, you will get the columns you crave.

Have fun wiring!

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have attached what it looks like now. It works fine as long as I read the values from a TXT file. However when I try to upload the data from Excel it dont not output anything. Any idea why? I guess I am missing some inputs to the read from spreadsheet VI. Just cant workout which ones.

hmm help says ReadFromSpreadSheetFile can open data from a excel datasheet saved in TXT format. is there anyway to modify this so Excel worksheet can be opened?