new USB 6251 hardware with old application LV7.1

tpack

Hello everyone!

(my very first post here)

I have LV7.1 application for data acquisition based on PCI-6052E (traditional drivers). I want to migrate to new USB-based data acquisition based on USB-6251, which only supports NI-DAQmx drivers.

I wonder how complicated is the migration? What effort is required?

QUOTE (Ton @ Feb 12 2009, 03:58 PM)

That fully depends on what kind of advanced stuff you do with DAQ.

Simple read/write is quite easy to convert.

Ton

Thanks for your reply Ton. I have these three vi's that I need to migrate to Ni-DAQmx compatible DAQ. PM me if any of you interested to assist.

Legacy_1.jpg

Legacy_2.jpg

Legacy_3.jpg

Start by looking at the DAQmx examples.

Note that you can't run old DAQ and DAQmx simultaneously. There are two VI's somewhere on the pallets that allow you to "clear" or "close" one for old DAQ and the other for DAQmx. Use those at the end if you want to flip to the other style of DAQ (without having to close out of LV).

Sorry can't be of more help but thats what I remember from a few years ago when I did the conversion.

This helps you to run your code in both old and new styles for debug. I would say start of with simple read-trigger-write and then move to advanced stuff.

Use the DAQmx wizard to generate code>convert to a VI> and pick through it to help with your conversions. Thats how I learned about it. You should be able to do everything with DAQmx that you could with the old style DAQ (and much more) with better performance.

Neville.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Feb 13 2009, 12:41 PM)

Start by looking at the DAQmx examples.

Note that you can't run old DAQ and DAQmx simultaneously. There are two VI's somewhere on the pallets that allow you to "clear" or "close" one for old DAQ and the other for DAQmx. Use those at the end if you want to flip to the other style of DAQ (without having to close out of LV).

Sorry can't be of more help but thats what I remember from a few years ago when I did the conversion.

This helps you to run your code in both old and new styles for debug. I would say start of with simple read-trigger-write and then move to advanced stuff.

Use the DAQmx wizard to generate code>convert to a VI> and pick through it to help with your conversions. Thats how I learned about it. You should be able to do everything with DAQmx that you could with the old style DAQ (and much more) with better performance.

Neville.

Thanks for your suggestions Neville. I confess I was secretly hoping that someone will be interested in doing a subcontract work. Otherwise, I will certainly follow your advice.