Reading the data using labview and parallel port

sky

Hi there ,

I can write the data into my circuit by using parallel port and labview but i have problem with reading the data such as temperature reading. My circuit consist of temperature and light sensor which connected to 8-bit mulltiplexer and the output from the multiplexer is connected to ADC converter. Then the ADC is connected to the parallel port and i have done the configuration for the pins , pins 2-9 of the parallel port is connected to pins 11-18 of ADC and the control pins 1, 14, 16 and 17 are connected to the multiplexer so the multiplexer can swich one of the inputs to the a common outputs so i want a code that can read the output dispaly it in labview . I need code that can read and display the temperature reading.

Can anyone help me please

Thanks

QUOTE (sky @ Feb 23 2009, 10:59 PM)

Hi there ,

I can write the data into my circuit by using parallel port and labview but i have problem with reading the data such as temperature reading. My circuit consist of temperature and light sensor which connected to 8-bit mulltiplexer and the output from the multiplexer is connected to ADC converter. Then the ADC is connected to the parallel port and i have done the configuration for the pins , pins 2-9 of the parallel port is connected to pins 11-18 of ADC and the control pins 1, 14, 16 and 17 are connected to the multiplexer so the multiplexer can swich one of the inputs to the a common outputs so i want a code that can read the output dispaly it in labview . I need code that can read and display the temperature reading.

Can anyone help me please

Thanks

You can get the idea by reading "parallel port read and write loop" example in your LabVIEW