Who are those graders for CLA?

First of all, what's the difference between CLD and CLA other than that CLA is much more challenging?

Both CLD and CLA are graded by someone. For CLD, it's like you still got a standard solution to help for grading. What about CLA? It's an essay type of test, like the type of philosophy test back in college? The best part is who grades CLA test? :worship:

I can't answer your question as to who grades the tests however I can give you my opinion on the difference between the two certifications. The CLD is intended to certify that you have a good grasp of the language itself and use coding style when you code. It let's someone know that you are a capable of creating readable and modular code. Also, I am reasonably sure that a significant portion of the grading for the CLD is the result of the VI Analyzer's report on your exam code. It really focuses more on style than the overall design and architecture of the application.

The CLA on the other hand is intended to certify that you are also knowledgeable and capable of creating a solid architecture for a large application in a multi-developer environment. It certifies that you are using good software engineering techniques for designing and implementing your system. The CLA goes deeper into the design of the application rather than the style of the code itself. In addition, it covers software engineering techniques that have nothing to do with your code itself such as source code control, documentation practices and other engineering practices that are completely independent of the programming language being used.

QUOTE (menghuihantang @ Mar 12 2009, 12:59 PM)

What do you mean by 'style'? Is this what they called that you have to follow NI's favorites other than your own style?

Yes. When I say style I mean things like aligning objects on the FP, minimizing bends in wires, no backward flowing wires, labeling wires and constants, and such items. NI does have their preferred ways for these things and it is best to follow theirs style for the exam. If you have access to the VI analyzer you would have a very good idea of the types of things NI will look at when grading your code style.

QUOTE (menghuihantang @ Mar 12 2009, 12:59 PM)

What do you mean by 'style'? Is this what they called that you have to follow NI's favorites other than your own style?

Search the LabVIEW help for "LabVIEW Style Checklist" - that's what you're being graded by.