GUID help!

I have a method that requires a Guid named UUID it has a property available in my imported webservice I can reference. However as the service I am talking to generates the UUID(guid) I simply need to return the UUID to confirm that we are still in the same test phase, in the same vein if they differ an error is flagged.

My initialise method gives me a UUID, the initial identifier in a line of testing/method calls that is a string I extract from the xml in a request to my software.

Could some one tell me how to change a string to guid or how to build a way to make the guid string I have accepted by the UUID refnum. I have attached a snippet of one of the methods below.

QUOTE (NeilA @ Mar 23 2009, 02:19 PM)

I have a method that requires a Guid named UUID it has a property available in my imported webservice I can reference. However as the service I am talking to generates the UUID(guid) I simply need to return the UUID to confirm that we are still in the same test phase, in the same vein if they differ an error is flagged.

My initialise method gives me a UUID, the initial identifier in a line of testing/method calls that is a string I extract from the xml in a request to my software.

Could some one tell me how to change a string to guid or how to build a way to make the guid string I have accepted by the UUID refnum. I have attached a snippet of one of the methods below.

What your ActiveX node requires is not directly a GUID but an object reference to one. Most likely because it requires it as the binary form of a GUID and not as string. Why someone would make an ActiveX interface like that is beyond me but here it is.

You could try with Variant to Data. Failing that you will have to find out what reference class that node expects (you could try to right click on it and create a FP control and inspect its ActiveX class name). If that works you will have to find out how to instantiate such an object on your system and then find the method that intializes it with the string form of your GUID.

Rolf Kalbermatter