Merging Libraries through Perforce

Does anybody know if one library w/ 2 revs can be merged? I'm sure this has probably been broached before, but can't find an appropriate thread. I'm curious to know if Perforce (or any RCS) can do this - e.g., user 1 checks out Files.llb to edit file1.vi & user 2 checks out Files.llb to edit file2.vi. As far as I can tell, when both users check the library file, Files.llb, back in, either user 1's version has to be accepted or user 2's - is there any library merge functionality (similar to the .vi LabVIEW Merge)? Thanks for any help or insight,

Bane

Quick note: "library" is not the same as "llb". LLB officially is an acronym without meaning. Library refers to .lvlib files. NI made this change to the standard technical vocabulary in LabVIEW 8.0 in 2005. This detail is important because I was going to give you completely the wrong answer.

LabVIEW does have built in ability, starting with LabVIEW 8.6, to do Merge of VIs both inside and outside of LLBs, and to merge new VIs from one LLB to another. That is built into LabVIEW.exe. There is a tool somewhere for teaching Perforce to call LabVIEW when there are LLBs or VIs that need comparison, and to automatically start LabVIEW in comparison mode, but I cannot tell you where that tool is... perhaps someone else on the forums knows.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Mar 25 2009, 02:37 PM)

Quick note: "library" is not the same as "llb". LLB officially is an acronym without meaning. Library refers to .lvlib files. NI made this change to the standard technical vocabulary in LabVIEW 8.0 in 2005. This detail is important because I was going to give you completely the wrong answer.

LabVIEW does have built in ability, starting with LabVIEW 8.6, to do Merge of VIs both inside and outside of LLBs, and to merge new VIs from one LLB to another. That is built into LabVIEW.exe. There is a tool somewhere for teaching Perforce to call LabVIEW when there are LLBs or VIs that need comparison, and to automatically start LabVIEW in comparison mode, but I cannot tell you where that tool is... perhaps someone else on the forums knows.

Thanks - sorry 'bout the confusion. I've scraped the surface somewhat on the Perforce LV comparison, but if the functionality to merge LLBs is only available >= 8.6, that'll help my current situation since we're running 8.5.