Hi,

I have built a exe in Labview but i dont want the menu bar while using the exe, if I disable menu bar in vi properties or while building exe it effects only runtime menu bar but when application is open default labview menu bar is still there and only while i run the application it goes so how to avoid it even when application is not running. I dont want any menubar in my application wheather its running state or its not running :question: actually i have attached snap shots of my application one while not running, the other while running.

thanks in advance pls reply ASAP...

QUOTE (Ton @ Apr 3 2009, 01:34 AM)

You should:

A: Autostart the VI

B: Hide the toolbar as well

C: Close the Front Panel after the code has finished

Ton

Thanks for reply, I know I can choose option "Run when opened" and disable menu bar in vi properties in run time and also hide tool bar so that i dont get menubar but the thing is I dont want to autostart so is there no other way to do it...

QUOTE (manojba @ Apr 3 2009, 02:27 AM)

Thanks for reply, I know I can choose option "Run when opened" and disable menu bar in vi properties in run time and also hide tool bar so that i dont get menubar but the thing is I dont want to autostart so is there no other way to do it...

No. While the VI is not executing, the menu bar and toolbar will always be visible.

And you really should rethink your application design. A VI that has to be started with the run button is ok if it is a lab type experimental setup to be run in the LabVIEW IDE. But once you built an application you want it to behave as such and not as VI.

So create a main loop in your diagram with an event structure inside and make a start button or something on the front panel to start whatever operation you have in your VI now.

Rolf Kalbermatter